AAUW (American Association of University Women) is a national grassroots nonpartisan organization that has worked for 130 years to improve the lives of millions of women and their families. The Kirkwood–Webster Groves Branch, founded in 1971:
- Sponsors STEM scholarship awards for high school seniors
- Facilitates salary negotiation workshops
- Works closely with local universities and other AAUW branches and organizations on issues such as Title IX, human trafficking, voter education, pay equity, and sexual harassment and discrimination.
Facilities for general activities are handicapped accessible. The public is welcome to attend, and our events are free except for some dinner events.
Marsha Koch, Co-president
Jeanne Webdell, Co-president
Christine Nobbe, Vice President, Program; STEM Chair
Debbie McWard, Vice President, Membership; College/University Relations Chair
Carol Davis McDonald, Vice President, Finance; Newsletter Editor
Lynne Roney, Secretary; Webmaster
Nancy Hutchins, Public Policy Chair; Social Media Chair
Kay Meyer, Diversity Chair: AAUW Funds Co-chair
Barbara Johnson, Bylaws Chair; AAUW Funds Co-chair
K-WG Branch works in our community:
- We present a Math and Science Award to two senior girls at local high schools to encourage girls to enter the STEM field. The awards are coordinated through the selected schools and presented by an AAUW representative at awards assemblies.
- We host monthly activities with informative speakers.
- Our interest groups engage in lively discussion and lifelong learning.
- We participate in special events such as Equity Action Day and Women’s Equality Day.
- We sell delicious pecans each fall to support women’s graduate fellowships, legal advocacy, and branch activities (contact Carol Davis McDonald for information).